The Law Foundation of BC has established a 2019 Major Projects Initiative to support innovative initiatives that have the goal of achieving a significant impact in enhancing justice and access to justice in British Columbia.
Projects must be time limited, but can last for up to 3 years, and the Law Foundation is particularly interested in receiving innovative proposals that meet needs in the following areas:
- major law reform initiatives
- major legal research initiatives
- major public legal education infrastructure projects
- innovative projects that enhance access to justice service delivery
- innovative projects that enhance the use of technology
- initiatives that advance the process of reconciliation as discussed in the Truth and Reconciliation Report.
The amount available for each project is between $250,000 and $1,000,000. For details on the Major Projects Initiative, see the 2019 Major Projects Initiative page.