The Law Foundation of BC is administered by an independent Board of Governors, which is responsible for governing the Foundation and making all decisions concerning grants.
The Board has 18 volunteer members:
- 12 members of the Law Society of BC or the judiciary, appointed by the Benchers of the Law Society to represent the geographical areas of the province.
- 2 members of the Law Society appointed by the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association.
- 3 members of the public, not lawyers, appointed by the Attorney General.
- The Attorney General or their appointee.
The Governors for 2021 are:
- Lindsay LeBlanc, Chair, Victoria
- Judge Patricia Bond, Surrey
- Maureen Buchan, Vancouver
- Mary Childs, Vancouver
- Felicia Ciolfitto, Vancouver
- Justice Thomas Crabtree, Chilliwack
- John Greschner, Victoria
- Kathy Kendall, QC, Kamloops
- Deanna Ludowicz, QC, Grand Forks
- Sean Rowell, Smithers
- Sarah Runyon, Nanaimo
- Zulie Sachedina, Vancouver
- Paul Craven, Victoria
- W. Laurence Scott, QC, New Westminster
- Zara Suleman, Vancouver
- James Sullivan, QC, Vancouver
- William Younie, QC, Duncan
The Board has 5 standing committees:
- Class Actions
- Fellowships and Research
- Finance and Administration
- New Grants
- Policy and Planning
The Board and the Committees meet regularly during the year.
To learn more about our staff team that assists the Board, please click HERE.