The Law Foundation of BC is administered by a Board of Governors, which is responsible for governing the Foundation and making all decisions concerning grants.
The Board has 18 volunteer members:
- The Attorney General or their appointee.
- 3 persons, not lawyers, appointed by the Attorney General.
- 12 members of the Law Society of BC or the judiciary, appointed by the Benchers of the Law Society to represent the geographical areas of the province.
- 2 members of the Law Society appointed by the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association.
The Governors for 2019 are:
- Geoffrey White, Chair, Kelowna
- Judge Patricia Bond, Surrey
- Maureen Buchan, Vancouver
- Felicia Ciolfitto, Vancouver
- Justice Thomas Crabtree, Chilliwack
- John Greschner, Victoria
- Kathy Kendall, Kamloops
- Lindsay LeBlanc, Victoria
- Jan Lindsay, QC, Vancouver
- Deanna Ludowicz, QC, Grand Forks
- Sean Rowell, Smithers
- Zulie Sachedina, Vancouver
- Kurt Sandstrom, QC, Victoria
- W. Laurence Scott, QC, New Westminster
- James Sullivan, QC, Vancouver
- Eileen Vanderburgh, Vancouver
- William Younie, QC, Duncan
- Robert Zeunert, Prince George
The Board has 5 standing committees:
- Class Actions
- Fellowships and Research
- Finance and Administration
- New Grants
- Policy and Planning
The Board and the Committees meet regularly during the year.
A staff of 13 assists the Board; learn more about the Foundation’s staff.