The Law Foundation of BC is inviting organizations that may have an interest in, and the capacity to, deliver legal advocacy services in Victoria.
Your application should detail how family law needs in Victoria will be met through direct service to individuals.
Please consider the following guidelines in preparing your application:
- Advocacy service for this purpose includes a range of direct client services to men and women in the area. Service would include assistance with guardianship and parenting time, child support, spousal support, divorce, separation agreements, assistance at family court and supreme court (no representation but assistance with documents, under legal supervision), and regular attendance at Victoria and Western Community Courts on family list days.
- The Foundation’s Continuing Program grant application form should be used in preparing the application, although if a grant is made, the new program would be considered “On Track” initially. Copies of the Application Guide and the Continuing Program Application form can be obtained from the Law Foundation website, together with a template for an Outcomes Measurement Framework Worksheet, which will be included with your organization’s application. The Outcomes Measurement Framework is a tool used to measure and assess the objectives, intended outcomes and actual results of programs funded by the Foundation.
- Your application should include a detailed workplan and an evaluation plan for the project.
- The maximum amount available for the project is $80,000 for a full time advocate. Funding for an additional advocate may be considered.
- The project would start in the fall of 2018.
- At the end of the one year project, the decision to continue funding will be depend on:
- availability of funding,
- successful completion of the project, and
- an assessment of the outcomes and outputs of the project satisfactory to the Law Foundation.
- The Foundation will support training for the family law advocate.
Please contact Program Director Veenu Saini at 604-647-0950 before submitting your application to facilitate the application and assessment process.
Please submit your application no later than March 2, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. Applications may be emailed to [email protected].
Applications will be adjudicated in June 2018.
Application forms may be obtained:
- from our website (below)
- by emailing us at [email protected]
- by calling us at 604-688-2337
- by faxing us at 604-688-4586
- by writing us at the Law Foundation of BC, 1340 – 605 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5J3
Please note that the Foundation may require an organization to have audited financial statements or an audit of the project.
Submitting an application is not a guarantee of funding.