The Law Foundation is administered by a board of governors (the “Board”), which is responsible for governing the Foundation and making all decisions concerning grants.
It has 18 volunteer members:
- The Attorney General or their appointee;
- 3 persons, not lawyers, appointed by the Attorney General;
- 12 members of the Law Society or the judiciary appointed by the Benchers of the Law Society to represent the geographical areas of the province;
- 2 members of the Law Society appointed by the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association.
The Governors for 2011 are:
- Tamara Hunter, Chair, Vancouver
- James M. Bond, Q.C., Vancouver
- Jay Chalke, Q.C., Victoria
- Anita Dalakoti, West Vancouver
- Sandra Dick, Nanaimo
- Frederick F. Fatt, Prince George
- Anna Fung, Q.C., Vancouver
- Robert E. Groves, Kelowna
- Ajeet Kang, Surrey
- Patrick Kelly, Victoria
- Kelle Maag, Q.C., Cranbrook
- Justice David Masuhara, Vancouver
- Doug W. McCallum, Surrey
- Warren Milman, Vancouver
- Eugene Raponi, Q.C., Victoria
- Judge Dennis Schmidt, Vancouver
- Frank R. Scordo, Kamloops
- Ron Toews, Q.C., Smithers
The Board has four standing committees:
- Fellowships and Research
- Finance and Administration
- New Grants
- Policy and Planning
The Board and the Committees meet regularly during the year.
A staff of twelve assists the Board; for more information about the Foundation’s staff please click here.